We wanted to review Web.com. We see them, everywhere online, so they must be doing a ton of promotion. But we didn’t actually sign up and pay for them.
- ❌ First and foremost, the entire billing process seemed shady. We couldn’t believe how many upsells there were. And the only way to cancel your plan — in 2018 going on 2019 — is to CALL them. Crazy, right?
- ❌ The other problem we ran into was that they don’t actually tell you what you’re getting. The ‘Do It Yourself plan, for example, is incredibly vague.
- ❌ Even though they have a big selection of themes, almost all of them look bad. Not only does the design leave a lot to be desired, but the actual format and layouts are outdated, too.
- ❌ There doesn’t seem to be any drag-and-drop editor. Instead, all you can do is change basic things without actually customizing the site.
- ❌ Their other reviews online from other customers are worrying. Check out this one:
- “How do I get any Senior Executive at web.com to figure out what is going on with my website? It has been down for more than 2 weeks. 31 trouble tickets. Simple domain name changes and now no website, and apparently no archive, cache, or even record that I have been a customer since 2001!”
- ❌ We’ve saved the best part for last. Web.com starts at $22.00/month! That makes a ‘basic’ site with them more expensive than Wix, Constant Contact, and even Squarespace. So we couldn’t bring ourselves to sign up and pay them money for the headache.